Oct. 2017 - Now
Nov 2011 - Sep 2017
Nov 2007 - Oct. 2011
Dec. 2005 - Nov. 2007
CNRS senior researcher DR2 at Univ. Paris Diderot - Paris 7, Paris, France.
CNRS researcher CR1 at Univ. Paris Diderot - Paris 7, Paris, France.
CNRS researcher CR2 at Univ. Paris Diderot - Paris 7, Paris, France.
Postdoc at the Information Systems Group, Faculty of IE&M, The Technion, Israel.
Habilitation à diriger des recherches. Paris Diderot University.
- Title: "Distributed Decision and Distributed Biological Algorithms".
- Referees: Yehuda Afek, Frederic Magniez, and Roger Wattenhofer.
- Jury: Olivier Bournez, Benjamin Doerr, Christoph Durr, Cyril Gavoille, Frederic Magniez, and Claire Mathieu.
April 2002 - Dec. 2005
Ph.D. in Computer Science. The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
- Thesis Advisor: Prof. David Peleg.
- Title: Static and Dynamic Labeling Schemes.
- Won the Dean's Prize for Ph.D. Students. Ph.D. Thesis approved on May 8, 2006.
Feb. 2000 - April 2002
M.Sc. in Computer Science. The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel. Advisor: Prof. David Peleg.
1998 - 1999
M.Sc. in Mathematics. Stanford University, Stanford, California, U.S.A.
1995 - 1997
B.Sc. in Mathematics. Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
Grants and Fellowships
- Principle Investigator of the ERC Consolidator Grant "Distributed Biological Algorithms" (DBA), May 2015- April 2020
- Member of the ANR Blanc grant DISPLEXITY during 2012 - 2015. Coordinator of a task
- Member of the ANR Blanc grant ALADDIN, 2007-2011
- Member of the French-Israeli Mamonide grant 2013 - 2015
- Postdoc supported in part at the Technion by an Aly Kaufman fellowship, 2006-2007
- Received the Vatat scholarship for outstanding Ph.D. students 2002-2005
- Won the ICDCN 2009's best paper award
- Won the Dean's Prize for Ph.D. Students at the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Won the DISC 2005's best student paper award
- Graduated at the Hebrew University with exceptional honors: Magna Cum Lauda
- Was on the Dean's list in 1995, 1997
Steering Committee Membership
Program Committee Memberships
Keynote Talks at Conferences
Some Invited Talks at Workshops
- FILOFOCS, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 2017
- Grasta, Crete, Greece, 2017
- Journées nationales 2017 GDR Informatique Mathématique, Montpellier, France, 2017
- BIOSS, Montpellier, France, 2017
- MAC, Paris, France, 2016
- Nexus of Information and Computation Theories, Paris, France, 2016
- BDA, Austin, Texas, USA, 2014
- ADGA, Austin, Texas, 2014
- BDA, Jerusalem, Israel, 2013
- Natural Algorithms and the Sciences, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2013
- MPRI course 2.18.1: Distributed Algorithms for Networks, 2013
- Brieuc Guinard. Started on Oct 2016
- Lucas Boczkowski, co-advised with Iordanis Kerenidis. Started on Oct. 2015
- Simon Collet, co-advised with Pierre Fraigniaud. Started on Oct. 2015
- PhD defense of Jara Uitto, ETH Zurich
- Master defense of Roman Kecher, Tel-Aviv University